Friday, December 4, 2009

Intervention X 2

  
He called me from my dorm room. I was confused. We were recently broken up; there was no reason for him to be in my room. He was my first boyfriend and 10 years older than me. I was more mature.

I listened to the message from a friends room.

"He Jason. Why did you break up with me? All I want to do is talk. Can't we talk? I love you. Please let's talk. I'm in your room. Come home and we can work this out. Why are you shutting me out? Call me. Please call me. I'm not responsible for what happens if you don't. I just might die."

I panicked, picked up the phone I had just hung up, and dialed my room number. He answered.

"Jason is that you?"

"What the fuck are you doing in my room? Get the hell out or I'm calling security."

"Please can't we talk? Al I want to do is talk. Can't we do that?"

"We've talked, and I'm done. We're over! That's it."

"No. No! I'll kill myself right here if you don't come over. We can work this out. You don't want your roommate finding me here dead in your room. Do you?"

I hung up. My friend calmed me down and told me to call security. I did. Then, I called him back.

"You want to kill yourself," I said. "Go ahead. Just be quick about it. I've called security and they are on their way. You better be either gone or dead by the time they show up. I don't want to clean up your blood off my floor." And I hung up.

Security didn't find anyone in my room. He never called me again. I was proud I stood up for myself.

Years later, I recounted this story to my dad. He gave a slight chuckle.

"What?" I asked.

And he told me that my ex had called him and wanted to meet. My dad obliged. He begged my dad to talk to me and get me to reconsider. My dad told him to go to hell and stay away from his son.

I have never been more proud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment