Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Church of Rocky Horror

   
It all started innocently and ended maliciously. I loved the movies, especially the trashy midnight ones at the Uptown Theater. Mostly, it was the Rocky Horror Picture Show complete with a live, d-list cast performing along with the film. It was divine -- filled with smut, nudity, and fornication. This was my new church.

The seminarians said they loved Rock Horror even though that week they were trashing Priest. It was a lie. I knew. So I invited them to a showing that Saturday. Pride said yes, and the mischievous trickster smiled.

I arrived at the Uptown before everyone else. I told the performers about the special guests. My friends sat far away from me giggling. The seminarians arrived, and I showed them to their seats. The spectacle started and no seminarian, except me, stayed for the climax.

0 comments:

Post a Comment